Friday, January 27, 2012

MY NEW FAVORITE YOUNG ADULT BOOK!






Thanks to my little brother I just finished reading DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth. It is now my favorite book! Divergent is the first book in a trilogy. My brother told me to wait to read it because the second book will not be released until May 1st. Well, I couldn't wait. Now I have to wait 4 months to find out what happens next!!


Divergent takes place in a dystopian Chicago. During this time the society is divided into factions. Each of these factions is based on the cultivation of a virtue. Abnegation(selfless), Candor(honesty), Dauntless(brave), Amity(peaceful), and Erudite(intelligence). During a child's 16th year there is a ceremony that is held. Each 16 year old must choose the faction that they will belong too for the rest of their life. Most stay with their birth faction, but there are those that choose to to leave their family forever and find out what they are really made of.


Divergent started out a bit slow but it picks up speed and doesn't stop!! This is a must read for any YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment