Thursday, February 7, 2013

Homophone Challenge

I don't know about you but my 6th and 7th graders still struggle with homophones. In order to help them we do a Weekly Homophone Challenge. Here is how it works....

Every Monday I post a Homophone Challenge into their EDMODO accounts. The students have until Friday morning to respond to the challenge. 

 

Their responses must be in complete, grammatically correct sentences. Students have a lot of fun with these because they don't see it like work. They see it more as a puzzle to solve. 

 

Below are some examples of the Homophone Challenges I have used with them. Let me know if you need more!!!

 

What do you call a large animal with thick fur but no clothes on?

 

If you don’t listen over there, where should you listen?

 

 How does Moose begin a letter to his cousin??

 

No comments:

Post a Comment